Yay! The As You See It Challenge Blog is up and running again! After tremendous technical issues, it has emerged anew, like the phoenix from the ashes! LOL! It sure feels like that after all that the folks working on it have been through. Thanks to all their hard work, we have had to start with a whole new web page using a whole new platform. Sadly, none of our previous material could be retrieved.
So the card today is one of many As You See It Challenge designs that I will be sharing here on my Inking on the Fly blog. You will see a new design every two weeks that will hopefully inspire you to play along with the As You See It Challenge Blog! It’s fun! It’s creative! And it will get your mojo flowing for a stepping-off point toward more of your own creative genius! I know it’s true because I have experienced it first hand, folks!!
Here’s the sketch challenge on which I have based my design:
And here is my card featuring the Lift Me Up Stamp Set and the Up and Away Thinlit dies from Stampin’ Up! I also used the Outdoor Adventure Framelits dies as they work in quite nicely. Actually, there are a LOT of stinkin’ dies used for my card this week! Yikes!! You can see the Stitched Shapes Framelits are in the mix as well, which will be available for purchase on the 16th!
The base of this card is super easy to make and finishes to a 4″ x 5.5″ card. I started with a 12″ x 5.5″ piece of Kraft cardstock. Once you have your piece of cardstock cut for the base of the card, you can score it to prepare for your fancy folding. I love using my Simply Scored tool and scoring stylus for projects like this – it gives me quick measuring and deep impressions that are easy to see and fold so nicely. I scored the paper at 4″, 7.5″, 8″, and 11.5″. Once you’ve precut your “window” on the inside of the card (this is going to be the section between the 8″ and the 11.5″ score marks), you can fold along your score lines, using your Bone Folder to make the folds nice and crisp.
You can’t really see it well in the photos, but the folds all fold in the same direction until the 11.5″ score line meets the inside of the card front, where you adhere it in place. Oh dear, maybe I’ll have to add pictures later … Let me know how it goes.
The rest of the design is simply layering, stamping, and die cutting (LOTS of die cutting!).
Now that you’ve seen my design inspired by the As You See It Challenge sketch, why not try the sketch yourself. Head on over to the As You See It Challenge Blog and see what the other designers have come up with and get creating!! But before you do anything else, be sure to leave me a note to say that you stopped by!
- Paper: Kraft Designer Paper, Crushed Curry Cardstock, Crumb Cake cardstock, Serene Scenery Designer Series Paper Stack, Island Indigo Cardstock, Whisper White Cardstock, Rich Razzleberry Cardstock, Cucumber Crush Cardstock, Garden Green Cardstock, Soft Suede Cardstock, Soft Sky Cardstock.
- Stamps: Lift Me up stamp set, Sealed with Love Stamp set.
- Inks: Crumb Cake, Island Indigo, Rich Razzleberry, Jet Black Stazon
- Embellishments: Basic Rhinestones
- Tools: Big Shot, Precision Plate, Up and Away Thinlits Dies, Stitched Framelit Dies, Outdoor Adventure Framelit Dies, Simply Scored, Bone Folder.
- Adhesives: Stampin’ Dimensionals, Tombo Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Fine Tip Glue Pen